EMV is leading reforms to Victoria's arrangements that apply to emergency management planning at state, regional and municipal levels.
The Emergency Management Legislation Amendment Act 2018 was passed through Parliament in August 2018, and will establish a new integrated, comprehensive and coordinated framework for emergency management planning.
Emergency management planning resource library
The emergency management planning resource library provides useful resources to inform emergency management planning. It is accessible for all involved as part of emergency management planning and aims to provide consistency state-wide.
Key deliverables under Emergency Management Planning Reform
The Emergency Management Legislation Amendment Act 2018 establishes a new integrated, comprehensive and coordinated framework for emergency management planning.
A Program Office has been set up by EMV to support the implementation of the new arrangements by 1 December 2020, when the legislation will take effect in full.
Key deliverables to be in place by this date include:
- Guidelines for preparing the State Emergency Management Plan
- State Emergency Management Plan
- Guidelines for preparing State and Regional Emergency Management Plans
- Regional emergency management plans
- Draft Guidelines for preparing State, Regional and Municipal Emergency Management Plans (to be issued once the municipal phase takes effect)
Further information about the reform program
For more information about the reform program, email firstname.lastname@example.org