About Emergency data
The State of Victoria, Australia provides emergency warnings and other emergency data as one of the ways you can inform yourself in relation to emergency incidents and activities in Victoria; however emergency information is often collated and provided under challenging conditions and time frames.
In emergencies, always use more than one source of information, such as: VicEmergency website, official State agency social media channels, local radio in Australia such as ABC, VicEmergency smart phone application, VicEmergency Hotline (1800 226 226), and local community networks. This data may be of assistance to you, but the State of Victoria and its employees do not guarantee that the data is without flaw or is appropriate for your particular purpose and therefore disclaims all liability for any error, loss or other consequence which may arise from you relying on any information in this data. Further limits on our liability to you are set out in the disclaimer below.
The State of Victoria owns any copyright in the data accessed by you from any data feed, site or other source to which this notice applies. The data is provided under a Creative Common Attribution 3.0 Australia licence , with the exception of:
- any images, photographs or branding, including the Victorian Coat of Arms, the Victorian Government logo; and
- the logo of any department or agency of the Victorian Government
Data obtained by you is to be attributed as follows:
1. You must identify the source of the data as State of Victoria, Australia.
2. You must include a link to this notice.
3. If you are accessing and publishing emergency warning data, you must display the last date and time an update was received by you from the data feed.
The data is provided entirely “as is”. Except where to do so would cause any part of these terms to be illegal, void or unenforceable, the State of Victoria (State):
- excludes all conditions and warranties implied into these terms;
- to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, is not liable to you or anyone else for any loss or damage, however caused (including negligence) which may be directly or indirectly suffered in connection with the use of the data (including any costs, loss, liability or expense arising from death, personal injury or damage to property); and
- excludes liability (whether that liability arises under contract, tort (including negligence) or statute) for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special or consequential loss or damage to , data) suffered or incurred in connection with the use of the data.
If, despite the above provisions, a court determines that the State is liable to you, that liability will be limited (at the State’s election) to resupplying the affected data to you.