Recipients of 2019-20 Volunteer Emergency Services Equipment Program (VESEP) grants have been announced.
View the list of successful 2019-20 VESEP grant applications here.
What is the Volunteer Emergency Services Equipment Program?
The Volunteer Emergency Services Equipment Program (VESEP) is an annual grants program funded by the Victorian Government, which provides funding to Victorian emergency services volunteer groups to purchase essential operational equipment, vehicles and appliances and minor facility improvements.
Victorian Volunteer Emergency Service groups can apply for a grant up to a maximum of $150,000 excluding GST. The VESEP will provide $2 for every $1 of funding contributed by the local volunteer group.
Who can apply?
The VESEP is open to the following organisations:
- Country Fire Authority
- Life Saving Victoria
- Victoria State Emergency Service
- Volunteer Marine Search and Rescue units
- Other eligible volunteer emergency services groups as defined in the Emergency Management Manual Victoria.
What can be funded?
Equipment purchased with the grant funding can include but is not limited to: vehicles, trucks, tankers, watercraft, trailers and can also include minor facility improvements.
Projects must begin on or after the start of the funding allocation and should be fully expended by the end of the grant’s financial year.
The types of equipment funded under the program include:
1. Operational Equipment such as:
- Quick Fill Pumps
- Inflatable Rescue Boats
- Rescue and Safety Equipment
2. Vehicles and Appliances such as:
- Lighting and Storm Trailers
- Light/Medium Tankers
- Big Fill Trucks
- Vessels and Engines
- Rescue Trucks
3. Minor Facility Improvements such as:
- Amenities – such as: kitchens/change rooms
- Temporary and transition facilities
What will not be funded?
Core budget requirements such as:
- Recurrent expenditure such as maintenance
- Projects currently in progress
- Project overspends
How are applications assessed?
Applications are assessed against the following criteria:
- The asset will enhance operational capability
- The group has the appropriate resources to house, operate and maintain the asset
- The asset will provide a net community benefit
- Funding for the asset has not been received under another program
- The group must meet their matched funding formula contribution
- The group can demonstrate that the make and model of all equipment meets agency standards
An assessment panel (VESEP Panel) is chaired by Emergency Management Victoria and will comprise representatives from relevant emergency services organisations.
How to apply?
Applications are currently closed.
When a funding round opens, specific guidelines and application forms are made available for completion. Relevant financial plans, statements and responses to any agency specific key selection criteria will need to be provided by applicants.
Click here to access the EMV SmartyGrants portal
Who has previously received a grant?
For more information call VESEP liaison officer at Emergency Management Victoria on (03) 8685 1303 or email firstname.lastname@example.org